From the blog
Chlorine is a common disinfectant used to disinfect and purify drinking water that is supplied to you. It is considered as a highly effective disinfectant that is added to the public water to kill the disease causing bacteria and the contaminants that might enter into the water while being transported through old pipes.
Chlorine in Your Drinking Water Is Not Always Safe
Lead contamination in water can affect your body in more than one way. Too much of lead causes anemia. Other than affecting the male reproductive system, lead if present in high levels can cause acute weakness in the body, severe encephalopathy with vomiting, convulsions and high blood pressure