Crystal Quest 7 Stage Fluoride Inline Refrigerator Filter
Description:Water straight from the tap isn't the only H2O that needs to be filtered, and the Crystal Quest 7 Stage Fluoride Inline Refrigerator Filter addresses the need to filter water that is used in refrigerators' ice-makers or water through the door features. Water fountains, water coolers, ice machines, and commercial coffee makers can also make use of this inline fluoride filter.
The Crystal Quest 7 Stage Refrigerator Filter features a high pressure connection that can be used with ¼” OD copper or flexible plastic tubing. The filter works best at a rate of 0.3 to 0.5 gallons per minute or less, with higher pressures likely to break the connections or damage the filter cartridges. However, higher pressures are unlikely on refrigerators.
Specifications of the Crystal Quest 7 Stage Fluoride Inline Refrigerator Filter
The Crystal Quest 7 Stage fluoride filter makes use of high-grade coconut shell carbon as the centerpiece of its filtration efforts. Coconut shell carbon has many more pores than alternative carbon media such as lignite, wood, or coal, increasing its surface area. The more surface area carbon has, the more harmful chemicals it can absorb from water. Water filtered with coconut shell carbon also tastes better than that filtered with other varieties of carbon media.
The features of this filter include:
- Uses two 1 micron filter pads to remove 99% or more of particulate matter, including silt, rust, sand, dirt, debris, protozoans, and the cysts of Giardia and cryptosporidium.
- water flows through a FLUORIDE REMOVAL cartridge containing Fluoride Charcoal Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC), unless Aluminum Oxide is requested. This media is specifically designed to have a high affinity for Fluoride, Lead and Arsenic. It removes metals through a mixture of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media; therefore, the elimination is not reliant on ion exchange. It has uniform particle size, is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range. Capacity: 4500 ppm Fluoride (Avg. 1000 to 1500 Gallons).* As high as 11000 ppm F+ with effluent levels below 0.2 ppm from 10 ppm F+ feed.
- The next stage consists of ion exchange resins that take out most heavy metals.
- A media bed made up of copper-zinc alloy, known as Eagle REDOX 6500 and 9500, which generates an electrochemical current that oxidizes and eliminates most chlorine.
- Granulated activated carbon makes up another layer, which absorbs and thus removes volatile organic compounds (VOCs), solvents, benzene, and hundreds of other chemicals that have deleterious health effects or act as carcinogens.
- Cartridge life is 600 to 900 gallons filtered.
- 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee and 1 year limited warranty from manufacturer.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Which replacement filter do I need? Also how much bend is considered safe with these poly lines? I’m concerned about running lines also.
Here is the link to the replacement filter CQE-RC-04049
You just don't want to bend it enough that it kinks