The Aquacera twin countertop fluoride plus water filter is a freestanding filter system for countertop use, which is readily attached to an existing faucet via a diverter valve. Housing is molded from acetal and polyester materials. This system needs no permanent modifications to the plumbing. The system allows filtered or unfiltered water to be drawn from the existing faucet. This system is designed for cold water use only. It comes with 1 Ceramatix and 1 AquaMetix filter that removes/reduces a wide range of contaminants.
CeraMetix filter elements utilize our class leading ceramic micro porous outer shell combined with our AquaMetix® core block technology.
AquaMetix is made from the highest quality coconut shell based activated carbon and other superior adsorbent materials. Utilizing a unique compression molding manufacturing process, the base materials are melded into a solid block having a very uniform pore structure that ensures filtration consistency and high performance.
The ceramic shell and our AquaMetix® block combines mechanical filtration and physical adsorption processes to reduce a wide variety of drinking water contaminants of both aesthetic and health concerned.
The dense pore structure and vast surface area of the compressed carbon and specialty adsorbents is ideally suited to improving taste and odor as well as reducing chlorine, chloramine, volatile organic compounds, MTBE, lead, mercury, asbestos, arsenic and fluoride. The cleanable ceramic shell is designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria and cysts. The CeraMetix® elements have been tested in accordance with NSF protocols for cyst, turbidity, particulates, lead, chloramines and chlorine reduction (Class 1).
Please note if you have a new style pull-out faucet with a sprayer a countertop filter will not work. You will need an under sink system
- Pathogenic bacteria—Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform—>99.9999% (ALcontrol Laboratories)
- Cysts—Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia—100% (ALcontrol Laboratories)
- Sediment—100% absolute to 0.5 micron (IBR Laboratories)
- Chloramines—>99% ANSI Standard 42—Capacity 600 gallons
- Chlorine—>99% - Will remove chlorine for the life of the filter
- Fluoride– 85% Reduction (SnowMass Water & Sanitation District Study)
- Lead—>99% ANSI Standard 53—Capacity 500 gallons
- VOC—Volatile Organic Compounds—>98%
- Metals—Aluminum, Iron, Mercury, Nickel & Zinc—>98%
- Pharmaceutical Compounds—Acetaminophen, Progesterone, Ibuprofen, Naproxen
(Independent laboratory tests — NSF/ANSI Std 42 & 53 Chemical Reduction Tests)
600 Gallons based on ChloraminesAquaMetix® is a unique technology designed to provide the highest quality drinking water possible from a single stage block filter. AquaMetix® will reduce a wide variety of drinking water contaminants of both aesthetic and health concern. This same technology is used inside our CeraMetix® range of ceramic filter elements.
- NSF 61 Certified materials
- > 99% Chloramine reduction - 3ppm challenge
- > 99% Lead reduction
- > 99% Herbicide and Pesticide reduction
- > 99% Glyphosate reduction
- > 98% VOC reduction
- > 98% Heavy metal reduction
- > 92% Nitrates reduction
- > 85% Fluoride reduction