Our Terra2™ gravity filter housing is made from our own recipe of processed clay. Each piece is hand-finished, and the glaze is sprayed by hand. Our glaze is lead free and made on site.
The Terra2™ holds 2 AquaCera® gravity filter elements in the upper reservoir, and the lower reservoir holds 1 gallon of filtered water ready for use. Total volume of the unit is 2 gallons.
The Terra2™ continues our philosophy of bringing gravity filters back to their pottery origins with this unique and highly attractive alternative to stainless steel units. Finished in an off-white glaze, the Terra2™ is designed for daily use at home or work, or just about anywhere.
The Terra2™ is manufactured in the USA.
Fully assembled the Terra2™ measures 18” high with the lid in place. The diameter is 8”.
With CeraMetix Filters
CeraMetix GF filter elements utilize our class-leading ceramic microporous outer shell combined with our AquaMetix® granular core technology.
AquaMetix® is made from the highest quality NSF component certified (ANSI 61) coconut shell based activated carbon and other superior adsorbent materials including B2 (ANSI 61).
The ceramic shell and our AquaMetix granular combines mechanical filtration and physical absorption processes to reduce a wide variety of drinking water contaminants of both aesthetic and health concerned.
The pore structure of the ceramic enables sufficient contact time for AquaMetix® to be ideally suited to improving taste and odor as well as reducing chlorine, chloramine, volatile organic compounds, MTBE, lead, mercury, asbestos, arsenic, and fluoride. The cleanable ceramic shell is designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, and cysts. The CeraMetix® elements have been tested in accordance with NSF protocols for cyst, turbidity, particulates, lead, chloramines and chlorine reduction.
- Pathogenic bacteria—>99.9999% (ALcontrol Laboratories) Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- Cysts—100% (ALcontrol Laboratories) Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia
- Sediment—100% absolute to 0.5 micron (IBR Laboratories)
- Fluoride— >85%
- VOC—Volatile Organic Compounds—>98%
- Metals—Aluminum, Iron, Mercury, Nickel & Zinc—>98%
- Pharmaceutical Compounds—Acetaminophen, Progesterone,
- Ibuprofen, Naproxen Sodium—>95%
7" 900 gallons
With CeraPlus Filters
The CeraPlus™ is our silver-impregnated ceramic DE (diatomaceous earth) shell with granular activated, coconut shell based carbon in the core of the ceramic, the addition of which allows for treatment of chlorine, taste and odor. CeraPlus™ elements are designed for use for use in gravity filter systems.
- Made in USA
- Cleanable for prolonged life
- Silver impregnated to prevent bacteria grow through
- 0.5 Micron absolute
- 100% Removal of cysts
- 99.9999% Pathogenic bacteria
- >99.9% Efficiency at 0.2 micron
- Meets or Exceeds NSF/ANSI Standards 42 & 53 for the following:
- Chlorine reduction - >95%
- Organics reduction - >95%
- Filters should be replaced annually
*filters will fit most competitor type gravity feed systems
7" 600 gallons
Tested to meet or exceed ANSI/NSF Standards 42 & 53 for specified claims
Manufactured in the USA
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
1. what is the difference between the 2 filter systems - cera metix and cera plus. 2. I want to see the price of replacement filters and I don't see a drop down menu. 3. do you have a smaller filter system for 1 person?
The CeraMetix filters everything the CeraPlus filters do plus fluoride. At this time this is the smallest gravity system other than a pitcher filter. Here are the links to the replacement filters.
CeraMetix Gravity Replacement Filters
CeraPlus Gravity Replacement Filters
Propur Pitcher Water Filter
Which filters come with this?
You can choose from the CeraMetix or the CeraPlus filters in the drop-down menu.
Does this filtration system require the purchase of subsequent filters or do you just clean the filter? I'm looking for something that doesn't require me to buy filter reloads.
You can clean them but it is recommended to change them every 1,200 gallons or when you notice the bad taste is back. Eventually, you have to change filters on every water filter as the media only works for so long.