Fluoride filtering is combined with the standard array of contaminant filtration in the Crystal Quest Single 7 Stage Fluoride Countertop Water Filter, which is a compact but effective upright model that sits on your counter next to the sink. You choose whether or not to filter water emerging from the faucet by moving the switch on the diverter valve connecting the filter to the tap to the filtered or unfiltered position.
Please note if you have a new style pull-out faucet with a sprayer a countertop filter will not work. You will need an under sink system
Replacing the filter cartridge is quick and easy, too. An included wrench is used to unscrew the end of the filter casing, the old cartridge is removed and disposed of, and the new one is inserted. The canister is then screwed shut using the same wrench.
Other basic features of this water filter include:
- Durable design ensures the casing will last for years under normal use.
- 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee and 1-year limited warranty.
- Convenient adjustable spout made out of metal.
- Capacity 4500 ppm Fluoride (Avg. 1000 to 1500 Gallons).* As high as 11000 ppm F+ with effluent levels below 0.2 ppm from 10 ppm F+ feed.
Lead and arsenic are also mostly removed from the water by the same process that cleanses it of fluoride. The seven stages of filtration in the Crystal Quest Single fluoride filter, and the types of contaminants they remove, include:
- A 1-micron filter pad sieves out particulate contaminants, both organic and inorganic. This stage removes most dirt, silt, sand, rust, Giardia cysts, cryptosporidium, and other particles.
- Bone Char carbon media is next, absorbing 90% of fluoride as well as most lead and arsenic.
- Eagle REDOX 6500 and 9500 copper-zinc alloy media generate an electrical field with their chemical interaction. This oxidizes chlorine into harmless chloride and collects heavy metals, including cadmium, aluminum, chromium, nickel, copper, mercury, and lead.
- Ion exchange resins lower water hardness and further reduces heavy metals.
- Eagle REDOX 6500 and 9500 cleanse any remaining heavy metals.
- Granulated coconut shell carbon media absorbs various organics and chemicals, including but not limited to benzene, chlorine, THMs, solvents, insecticides, herbicides, fertilizers, PCBs, MTBEs, VOCs, and hundreds of other chemicals.
- Another 1-micron filter pad gives the water a final polish so that it emerges from the spigot clean, tasty, and sparkling.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does this filter makes your water soft
No, it does not remove calcium and magnesium.
is the alumina filter as effective as the bone char, and are there any other animal products?
Yes, it is. The bone char works better for fluoride that is put into your water, and the active alumina is better for naturally occurring fluoride. No there is no other animal products.
what should I use and how to clean it when replacing the filter?
You can clean the top and base of the filter housing with warm water, mild dish soap, and a soft cloth. Do not use harsh detergents, abrasive cleaners or wire brushes, as they may damage the system.
How do you know when to replace the filter?
You should replace the filter every 1,000 gallons or 1 year as the fluoride media will be the first to become saturated and stop working.
Is the seven stage single filter available with the alumina option instead of bone char?
Yes, You can call us (800-978-8408) with your order or you can just put in the notes section that you would like it with the alumina filter.
which replacement- filter for CQE-CT-00144?
It takes this one CQE-RC-04049 Here is a link to it multi stage fluoride filter
It came in a timely manner. I will install it in my relatives kitchen before the New Year. I have a silver version called a Smart filter that I believe lasts a little longer.
Bought this as a simple fluoride filter and even though it took a day or two to wash out the filter taste it worked very well.