Clean Water for a Healthy Body

Clean Water for a Healthy Body

Chris Tracey ·

Clean Water for a Healthy Body

A lot has been written about the possible health hazards tap water might cause, but not much is written about the many benefits of pure, clean water on the human body. This article shares some interesting facts about your body and why it needs water.

Many of us learned in school that our bodies are mostly water—some 80 percent or so—with the other 20 percent being bone, muscle, organs, and nerves. Generally, when we think of health or health issues, we think of the solid parts, even though they make up only a small percentage of our overall anatomy. This can be misleading as it tends to diminish the importance of water consumption and utilization within the body.

Recent studies are beginning to suggest that we should place much more importance on water than we have in the past. It is now known that the fluids inside our bodies are a main contributor to our overall level of wellness. This only makes sense since the human body is basically made of water.

Over the last decade or so, science has proven that water is a major contributor to the healing process. From healing broken bones to fighting off colds and flu, water is the cornerstone to healing.

Consider your blood supply, for instance. Blood is nearly 85 percent water. It carries oxygen, antibodies, and nutrients throughout the body and in order to do that to its optimum level it must be continually hydrated with clean, fresh water.

It should also be noted that drinking water that has contaminants in it can result in changes in the composition of our blood. These changes can lead to a variety of problems including low energy, lower resistance to infections and illness, and slower healing.

Clean, fresh water is also a key element to healthy brain activity. The brain is 80 percent water, and it manages every process that takes place within the body. From moving to breathing, the brain is the master controller and it does all of this work through our nervous system. The signals that move through our nerves do so in a fluid that is nearly 100 percent water!

Did you know that science has proven that a 5 percent decrease in body fluids will result in a 25 to 30 percent loss of energy? Want to boost your energy level? Drink more water.

While this sounds well and good, it must be noted that we are talking about clean, fresh water. Tap water, while safe to drink in most areas, still contains contaminants that can adversely affect your health. It is not uncommon for households to have lead in their water or copper or other types of contaminants. The solution to this wide-spread problem is water filters.

Whole house water filters can remove or reduce most water-borne contaminants. Modern water filters are affordable and many of them are easy to install either as a countertop water filter or in-line devices. Best of all, once installed they produce clean, fresh water at a fraction of what bottled water cost. Look into your water filtration options today. You will be glad you did.

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter to recieve news, promotions, and annoucements.