Whether because of an unusually high level of pollutants in the local water supply or just an understandable desire to have clean, fresh, pure water at every point of use in the house, some people opt for a whole house filtration system such as the excellent Crystal Quest 8 Stage 20" Whole House Water Filter. This filter system attaches inline to cleanse all water entering your home, providing you and your loved ones with years of great-tasting, contaminant-free water!
The advantage to a whole house filtration system is that no water in your home comes out of the tap unfiltered. Not only are drinking and cooking water from the kitchen sink cleaned, but you can be confident that water from the bathroom sink is clean when you brush your teeth with it, and that you are not absorbing pollutants through your skin while showering, bathing, or washing your hands.
The Crystal Quest 8 Stage Whole House Water Filter goes above and beyond most whole house filters' performance, which usually offers only one or two types of basic filtration. This filter, by contrast, provides filtering as thorough as that provided by countertop or under sink drinking water filters, though with a much higher capacity as appropriate for supplying a whole home with fresh, safe water.
This Crystal Quest filter carves out a position of leadership in the filtration field by passing the water through three different cartridges and a total of 8 different layers of filtration media.
Characteristics of this whole house filter include:
Practical information about Installation and Lifespan
- Kit includes a filter (with cartridges in place), plus a pressure release valve, a wall bracket, and a 1/2", 3/4" or 1" input/output attachment (please choose size when ordering).
- Filter cartridges filter 80,000 gallons of water for the multistage filter, 12 to 18 months for the carbon block filter, 30 washings for the sediment filter. Cartridges are easy to change.
- 2 1/2 to 5 gallons per minute flow rate.
- 30-day money-back guarantee; 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty; made in the U.S.A.
Details of Filtration Offered
- Provides clean, contaminant-free water, free of unpleasant tastes, and plenty of peace of mind knowing that you and your family are safe from contaminants.
- The water first passes through a robust 20” sediment filter which thoroughly removes dirt, silt, sand, and rust particles, extending the life of the other cartridges, too.
- Next, the water goes through a six-stage filtration cartridge that includes the following stages:
- A pre and post filter pad with 1-micron pores that strain out cysts of Giardia and Cryptosporidium, as well as any remaining silt, sediment, rust, and particulate matter;
- Granulated activated carbon that absorbs and removes chlorine, pesticides (lindane, atrazine, 2,4-D) plus solvents and VOCs (benzene, TTHMs, etc.);
- Ion exchange resin that reduces water hardness and takes out heavy metals like lead, mercury, aluminum, copper, nickel, and chromium;
- And two layers of ERA 6500 and 9500, which further reduce heavy metals, plus prevent bacterial, fungal, and algal growth.
- Finally, the water passes through a 20” solid carbon cartridge that completely cleanses the water of industrial solvents, fertilizers, pesticides, and other VOCs.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hi How much is each of the cartridges and does the system affect water pressure?
You will get 2 1/2 to 5 gallons per minute flow rate. These filters are designed for 1-2 people households with 1 bathroom. They are not designed for multiple use applications. ie dishwasher, washer, shower etc running at the same time. Below you will find links to the replacement filters, cost and time lines for changing You will need to choose 2 7/8" x 20" from the drop down menu when ordering
Sediment CQE-RC-04015 $31.50 Rinsable and reuseable up to 30 times
MultiStage Plus CQE-RC-04016 $158.00 80,000 gallons 2-4 years
Carbon Block CQE-RC-04014 $31.50 18-24 months