Description:Excellent quality, safe, fresh water can be obtained from any faucet without the need to permanently modify your plumbing by using the Aquacera Fluoride Plus Countertop Water Filter, one of the latest generation of fluoridation-baffling filters on today's market.
In place of activated alumina such as other filter companies use, the Aquacera filter employs a microporous ceramic shell with carbon elements that remove fluoride as well or better than aluminum based methods. Some of the general features of this filter include:
- Free-standing system attaches to any standard faucet (pull-out faucets need undersink filters) with a convenient diverter valve; lever selects between filtered or unfiltered water.
- Compact, single-section design provides a lot of filtration power in a small space, making it well suited to dorm rooms, RVs, boats, apartments, and travel.
- Greatly improves the color, taste, odor, and safety of drinking and cooking water.
- The CeraMetix W9512600 filter element/cartridge lasts for approximately 600 gallons.
- Covered by our 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee.
CeraMetix® filter elements utilize our class leading ceramic micro porous outer shell combined with our AquaMetix® core block technology.
AquaMetix® is made from the highest quality coconut shell based activated carbon and other superior adsorbent materials. Utilizing a unique compression molding manufacturing process, the base materials are melded into a solid block having a very uniform pore structure that ensures filtration consistency and high performance.
The ceramic shell and our AquaMetix® block combines mechanical filtration and physical adsorption processes to reduce a wide variety of drinking water contaminants of both aesthetic and health concerned.
The dense pore structure and vast surface area of the compressed carbon and specialty adsorbents is ideally suited to improving taste and odor as well as reducing chlorine, chloramine, volatile organic compounds, MTBE, lead, mercury, asbestos, arsenic and fluoride. The cleanable ceramic shell is designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria and cysts. The CeraMetix® elements have been tested in accordance with NSF protocols for cyst, turbidity, particulates, lead, chloramines and chlorine reduction
(Independent laboratory tests — NSF/ANSI Std 42 & 53 Chemical Reduction Tests)Capacity600 Gallons based on Chloramines
- Pathogenic bacteria—Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform—>99.9999% (ALcontrol Laboratories)
- Cysts—Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia—100% (ALcontrol Laboratories)
- Sediment—100% absolute to 0.5 micron (IBR Laboratories)
- Chloramines—>99% ANSI Standard 42—Capacity 600 gallons
- Chlorine—>99% - Will remove chlorine for the life of the filter
- Fluoride– 85% Reduction (SnowMass Water & Sanitation District Study)
- Lead—>99% ANSI Standard 53—Capacity 500 gallons
- VOC—Volatile Organic Compounds—>98%
- Metals—Aluminum, Iron, Mercury, Nickel & Zinc—>98%
- Pharmaceutical Compounds—Acetaminophen, Progesterone, Ibuprofen, Naproxen Sodium—>95%
You choose weather you would like the stainless steel (HCS) water filter system or the HCP above under water filter options.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Can you switch over to hot water and not use the filter?
Yes you can, the diverter valve has a lever you can switch from filtered or unfiltered water.
After I shut the valve off water still drips out of the system for a minute, is this normal?
The diverter needs to be turned first and then the water shut off at the tap. There will always be some dribble until there is an equilibrium inside the filter housing whereby the water pressure is expelled from the housing. This means the excess water inside is drained from the unit. This is a normal occurrence with a ceramic filter inside. Not as prevalent with a carbon filter as the pressure differential is not as great.
Can This Filter Be Used On A Bathroom Faucet ?
Yeah you should be fine as long as you can take your areator of and screw the diverter valve on your faucet.