CeraMetix® filter elements utilize our class leading ceramic micro porous outer shell combined with our AquaMetix® core block technology. AquaMetix® is made from the highest quality coconut shell based activated carbon and other superior adsorbent materials. Utilizing a unique compression molding manufacturing process, the base materials are melded into a solid block having a very uniform pore structure that ensures filtration consistency and high performance. The ceramic shell and our AquaMetix® block combines mechanical filtration and physical adsorption processes to reduce a wide variety of drinking water contaminants of both aesthetic and health concerned.
The dense pore structure and vast surface area of the compressed carbon and specialty adsorbents is ideally suited to improving taste and odor as well as reducing chlorine, chloramine, volatile organic compounds, MTBE, lead, mercury, asbestos, arsenic and fluoride. The cleanable ceramic shell is designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria and cysts. The CeraMetix® elements have been tested in accordance with NSF protocols for cyst, turbidity, particulates, lead, chloramines and chlorine reduction (Class 1).
- Pathogenic bacteria—Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform—>99.9999% (ALcontrol Laboratories)
- Cysts—Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia—100% (ALcontrol Laboratories)
- Sediment—100% absolute to 0.5 micron (IBR Laboratories)
- Chloramines—>99% ANSI Standard 42—Capacity 600 gallons
- Chlorine—>99% - Will remove chlorine for the life of the filter
- Fluoride– 85% Reduction (SnowMass Water & Sanitation District Study)
- Lead—>99% ANSI Standard 53—Capacity 500 gallons
- VOC—Volatile Organic Compounds—>98%
- Metals—Aluminum, Iron, Mercury, Nickel & Zinc—>98%
- Pharmaceutical Compounds—Acetaminophen, Progesterone, Ibuprofen, Naproxen Sodium—>95%
600 Gallons based on Chloramines
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Can the filter be cleaned with soft scrubbing pad? Sku: W9512600
Yes, you can use an abrasive brush or a green scotch brite pad to clean them.