The CeraMetix Filter for Aquacera Countertop Fluoride Filters elements utilizes our class-leading CeraSyl™ DE (diatomaceous earth) ceramic microporous outer shell combined with our AquaMetix® core block technology. AquaMetix® is made from the highest quality coconut shell based activated carbon and other superior adsorbent materials. Utilizing a unique compression molding manufacturing process, the base materials are melded into a solid block having a very uniform pore structure that ensures filtration consistency and high performance. The ceramic shell and our AquaMetix® block combine mechanical filtration and physical absorption processes to reduce a wide variety of drinking water contaminants of both aesthetic and health concerned.
The dense pore structure and vast surface area of the compressed carbon and specialty adsorbents are ideally suited to improving taste and odor as well as reducing chlorine, chloramine, volatile organic compounds, MTBE, lead, mercury, asbestos, arsenic, and fluoride. The cleanable ceramic shell is designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, and cysts. The CeraMetix® elements have been tested by NSF protocols for cyst, turbidity, particulates, lead, chloramines, and chlorine reduction (Class 1).
- Pathogenic bacteria—Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform—>99.9999% (ALcontrol Laboratories)
- Cysts—Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia—100% (ALcontrol Laboratories)
- Sediment—100% absolute to 0.5 microns (IBR Laboratories)
- Chloramines—>99% ANSI Standard 42—Capacity 600 gallons
- Chlorine—>99% - Will remove chlorine for the life of the filter
- Fluoride– 85% Reduction (Snowmass Water & Sanitation District Study)
- Lead—>99% ANSI Standard 53—Capacity 500 gallons
- VOC—Volatile Organic Compounds—>98%
- Metals—Aluminum, Iron, Mercury, Nickel & Zinc—>98%
- Pharmaceutical Compounds—Acetaminophen, Progesterone, Ibuprofen, Naproxen Sodium—>95%
600 Gallons based on Chloramines
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
How tall is the filter? Trying to see if it will fit in my counter top filter
This one is for the Aquacera HCP system only so if you do not have that system it will not work. If you have a standard 10" housing then you can use the CeraMetix OBE, Here is the link to that.
Aquacera 10" OBE CeraMetix Filter
Hi. I have a Berkey and would like to know if the Aquacera CeraMetix Filter can be used on this unit?
Yes, they will work in your Berkey system. You will want the ones for the gravity system, not this one that is for a pressure countertop system. Here is a link to the CeraMetix Gravity Filters
Can the filter be cleaned with soft scrubbing pad? Sku: W9512600
Yes, you can use an abrasive brush or a green scotch brite pad to clean them.