Reverse osmosis is some of the most thorough filtration available today, which is why it is also known as “ultrafiltration” – water is forced through a membrane to cleanse it of practically everything that may be dissolved or carried in it. The Crystal Quest Thunder 2000c Reverse Osmosis / Ultrafiltration System is a multi-chambered water filter that provides no less than 13 stages of filtration to ensure you the highest quality, safest drinking and cooking water:
- A 5 micron carbon block removes large particulate matter (sand, silt, rust, debris) and soaks up many volatile organic compounds (VOCs) such as insecticides, solvents, PCBs, and the like. This also prolongs the life of other filter elements.
- A reverse osmosis ultrafiltration membrane cleans practically everything out of the water, since it is effectively 0.01 micron pore size. Bacteria, viruses, parasites, pyrogens, and protozoa are all eliminated by this stage.
- A 1 micron filter pad removes various debris, Giardia cysts, and the like.
- A bed of granulated activated carbon (GAC) absorbs and thus removes carcinogenic VOCs, including pesticides, benzene, solvents, and plastics.
- Ion exchange resin at this stage reduces water hardness, and soaks up heavy metals like mercury, aluminum, lead, cadmium, chromium, nickel, and other metallic substances.
- Redox media, which are highly pure and refined granules made up of a copper-zinc alloy, make up this stage. These generate an electrochemical current that catalyzes chlorine into chloride, which is water soluble and melts away into the water harmlessly, and also electroplate heavy metals onto their surface, completely removing them from the water.
- Another bed of redox media for further de-chlorination and heavy metal removal.
- A one-micron filter pad eliminates particles that might have slipped through to this point.
- This stage is a Crystal Quest Reverse Osmosis membrane, providing filtration equivalent to a relative pore size of 1/1000 micron – fine enough to strain out viruses, salts, metals, minerals, and most other inorganic compounds.
- Another 1-micron filter pad removes any surviving parasitic cysts plus sand and rust.
- A fourth 1-micron filter pad provides more straining of the waters.
- A second bed of granulated activated carbon (GAC) draws remaining chemicals from the water, cleaning it even more thoroughly.
- Filtration is completed with a 0.01 micron ultrafiltration membrane, which removes parasites, protozoa, bacteria, viruses, bacterial toxins, proteins, and colloids wholly from the water.
- 30 day money-back satisfaction guarantee.
- 1 year limited manufacturer's warranty.
- Comes with a complete installation kit: long-reach designer faucet, 4 gallon stainless steel pressurized holding tank, color coded tubing, filter cartridges, membranes, and all wrenches and hardware needed for correct mounting.
- Saddle valve for hard copper tubing under sink is provided; if you need a T-valve for plastic piping instead, please specify in the comments section of the order page.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
How often do the filters require replacement? Well water, 2 adults in the home.
From inlet to outlet
CQE-RC-04000 Carbon Block 12-18 months,
CQE-RC-04055 UF Membrane 2 - 3 years,
CQE-RC-04002 MultiStage Plus 1-3 years or 10,000 gallons, ( whichever comes first )
CQE-RC-04041 RO membrane 2 years,
CQE-RC-04038 GAC 12-18 months
CQE-RC-04059 UF capsule 1 year
How gpd does this produce
It comes with a 50 GPD Reverse Osmosis Membrane