10% OFF Sale for a limited time, use code CQ10
Municipalities around the globe still dump health-degraded, tooth-destroying fluoride into their water systems, but you can take matters into your own hands with the Crystal Quest Countertop 8-Stage Fluoride Filter. This filter offers 90% reduction of fluoride, and also filters out many other contaminants. It isn't purely a fluoride filter – it is also a standard, high quality modern water filter.
The Crystal Quest 8 Stage Countertop Fluoride Filter is designed to be easy to set up, use, and maintain:
Please note if you have a new style pull-out faucet with a sprayer a countertop filter will not work. You will need an under sink system
- Easy setup; unscrew the aerator from your faucet, screw on the diverter valve.
- An under sink water filter is needed instead if you have a pull-out faucet.
- The diverter valve allows you to choose between filtered and unfiltered water by moving a simple switch.
- Special wrench included to open and close the casing when cartridge changing becomes necessary. O rings should be inspected at this time, and lubricated with cooking oil.
- New filters should be flushed for ten to fifteen minutes to clean and activate the cartridge.
- Includes three different cartridges which nest one above another; a fluoride cartridge, a carbon block cartridge, and a 6-stage cartridge.
The Crystal Quest 8 stage countertop fluoride filter reduces a wide range of contaminants, including (1) cutting fluoride by 95% or more; (2) heavy metals such as lead, aluminum, mercury, chromium, and mercury; (3) chemicals like chlorine, VOCs, PCBs, and solvents; (4) herbicides, insecticides, pesticides, and fertilizers; and (5) sand, silt, sediment, rust, and other particles.
water flows through a FLUORIDE REMOVAL cartridge containing Fluoride Charcoal Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC), unless Aluminum Oxide is requested. This media is specifically designed to have a high affinity for Fluoride, Lead and Arsenic. It removes metals through a mixture of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media; therefore, the elimination is not reliant on ion exchange. It has uniform particle size, is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range. Capacity: 4500 ppm Fluoride (Avg. 1000 to 1500 Gallons).* As high as 11000 ppm F+ with effluent levels below 0.2 ppm from 10 ppm F+ feed.
- A coconut shell solid carbon cartridge that takes out VOCs, solvents, insecticides, pesticides, and the like. The coconut carbon produces clean-tasting water, too.
- A 1 micron filter pad to capture particles, including silt, bacteria, and the parasitic cysts of Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- Eagle Redox 6500 media, made of copper-zinc media, filter out heavy metals and chlorine.
- Eagle Redox 9500 media clean even more heavy metals out of the water.
- Ion exchange resins draw more heavy metals from the water in the next stage.
- Granulated coconut shell activated carbon makes up the 7th stage, taking out chlorine, insecticides, pesticides, herbicides, solvents, and many other chemicals.
- The eighth and last stage is another particle-removing 1 micron filter pad.
Longevity and warranty
The Crystal Quest Countertop Fluoride filter has the following longevity and warranty:
• The fluoride filter cartridge must be replaced every 1,000 to 1,500 gallons.
• The carbon block filter must be replaced every 12 to 18 months.
• The 6-stage filter must be replaced every 10,000 gallons.
• This filter has a 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee and a 1 year limited warranty.
Please Note: Countertop units will not connect to pull out faucets. If your main faucet is a pull out faucet you will need an under sink water filter
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Where is this brand (Crystal Quest) manufactured?
They are made in the USA.
Does this replace your faucet?
It doesn't replace your kitchen faucet, it has ia diiverter that connects to the standard style faucet ( will not connect to the pull out sprayer style faucets ) and you can switch from tap to filtered water with the turn of a leaver ( handle )