Description:For the strongest filtering of incoming water flowing into your home from either the municipal water system or your own well, the Crystal Quest 8 Stage Heavy-Duty Whole House Water Filter System is one of the best choices on today's market. Balancing thrift and performance, compactness, and the need to run water through ample cartridges for the best results, this system is designed to filter up to 80,000 gallons of water prior to cartridge replacement.
The flow rate of 3 to 6 gallons per minute puts this in the middle of the whole house filter range but is enough for most household's needs. The filter gives you the peace of mind knowing that you and your family are cooking in, drinking, washing your hands with, and bathing in thoroughly filtered water regardless of where in the house you are using water.
General features of the Crystal Quest 8 Stage Heavy-Duty water filter include:
- Clean, fresh, good-tasting, contaminant free water throughout the house.
- Comes with a pressure-release valve, wall bracket, and your choice of ¾” or 1” input/output.
- Flow rate of 3 to 6 gallons per minute, with 80,000 gallon capacity for one cartridge.
- Carbon block cartridge lasts 12 to 18 months; sediment cartridge can be rinsed 30 times.
- 30-day money-back guarantee, 1 year limited manufacturer's warranty.
- Made in the U.S.A., lasts for years of normal use.
Filtration capabilities of the Crystal Quest 8 Stage
With three separate 10” cartridges, this filter provides plenty of excellent filtering action, sweeping the water stream clear of contaminants and pollutants of every kind. Though these cartridges are half-length compared to the 20” cartridges in the full sized Crystal Quest whole-house filter, they still furnish powerful filtering action; more versatile than that of most whole-home filters. The filtration characteristics of this system are as follows:
- Includes 1 10” sediment filter cartridge; 1 multistage cartridge constructed of two one-micron filter pads, granulated coconut shell carbon, a layer of ceramic balls, and two layers of Eagle REDOX 6500 & 9500 media; and 1 10” solid carbon block cartridge.
- Thoroughly filters out suspended particles, such as silt, sediment, rust (iron oxide), sand, and so on. These particles often cause unpleasant colors and odors in water.
- Cleans out harmful microorganisms, such as the cysts of Giardia and cryptosporidium, plus bacteria like E. coli, E. coli fecal form, Salmonella, and Streptococcus.
- Filters out hundreds of chemicals and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), including PCBs, MTBEs, insecticides, herbicides, pesticides, industrial solvents, benzene, etc.
- Removes heavy metals like lead, mercury, aluminum, cadmium, chromium, and nickel.
- Greatly reduces chlorine and other aesthetic contaminants.
- Bacterial, algal, and fungal growth is prevented by ERA media.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is this suitable for a 2 bathroom home with 3 people living in it?
Yes, this one will work. But the 5" X 20" would be better with 2 baths if you will be running more than one appliance such as a shower and a dishwasher or washer at the same time. Here is the link to that Crystal Quest 8 stage whole house water filter 5"X20"
Is the suitable for a 2 bathroom house with 8 people living in it