Aquacera LP5 Gravity Water Filter With Fluoride Option
Description:Designed to be equally useful whether there is water pressure or no water pressure, the Aquacera LP5 Gravity Water Filter with Fluoride Option is a gravity feed water filter that makes use of Aquacera's CeraCarb or CeraMetix candles to provide excellent filtration that removes nearly all pollutants from your drinking water. Notable features of this filter include:
- Requires no pressurized water supply; water is poured into the upper chamber and pulled through the filter candles into the lower chamber, fully filtered.
- High portability means you can take it with you and use it anywhere in the world.
- Manufactured from FDA-approved High-Density Polypropylene (HDPE) which is durable and lightweight.
- Upper and lower chambers hold 3.5 gallons apiece.
- Can be filled with water from municipal or natural water sources.
- Filters can be cleaned for prolonged life
Filtration qualities of the Aquacera LP5
The Aquacera LP5 is used by the world's foremost aid and emergency relief organizations, since it eliminates cholera and typhoid from water. This filter converts raw water into high quality potable water in 100% compliance with the most demanding world water standards. Details of its filtration capabilities include:
- Great for everyday use, camping, or emergency relief.
- Accommodates up to 5 CeraCarb or CeraMetix candles, each of which can filter 7 gallons per day.
- Includes a base to raise the lower chamber to make accessing the tap easier.
- Upper chamber nests in lower chamber for transport; unneeded holes are plugged with included rubber plugs.
- In compliance with NSF standards 42.
CeraMetix Candles Specs
CeraMetix® GF filter elements utilize our class leading ceramic micro porous outer shell combined with our AquaMetix® granular core technology.
AquaMetix® is made from the highest quality NSF component certified (ANSI 61) coconut shell based activated carbon and other superior adsorbent materials including B2 (ANSI 61).
The ceramic shell and our AquaMetix® granular combines mechanical filtration and physical adsorption processes to reduce a wide variety of drinking water contaminants of both aesthetic and health concerned.
The pore structure of the ceramic enables sufficient contact time for AquaMetix® to be ideally suited to improving taste and odor as well as reducing chlorine, chloramine, volatile organic compounds, MTBE, lead, mercury, asbestos, arsenic and fluoride. The cleanable ceramic shell is designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria and cysts. The CeraMetix® elements have been tested in accordance with NSF protocols for cyst, turbidity, particulates, lead, chloramines and chlorine reduction.
- Pathogenic bacteria—>99.9999% (ALcontrol Laboratories) Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- Cysts—100% (ALcontrol Laboratories) Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia
- Sediment—100% absolute to 0.5 micron (IBR Laboratories)
- Fluoride— >85%
- VOC—Volatile Organic Compounds—>98%
- Metals—Aluminum, Iron, Mercury, Nickel & Zinc—>98%
- Pharmaceutical Compounds—Acetaminophen, Progesterone,
- Ibuprofen, Naproxen Sodium—>95%
- The CeraMetix W9512622 (Cerasyl Premium) GF filter is manufactured to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, cysts, organic chemicals and improve taste and odor. The ceramic is silver impregnated to prevent bacteria growth and is self-sterilizing. The ceramic shell is manufactured to balance flow rate and consistent pore size in order to provide maximum filtration efficiency. The center of the filter contains our AquaMetix granular media to reduce organic chemicals, fluoride, VOC’s, heavy metals and improve the color, taste, and odor of drinking water. This filter element is designed for gravity filter use and other low pressure applications. These filters are designed for use in AquaCera® Gravity Filter Systems, they will also fit other makes of gravity systems.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
How long do the filters last?
Each filter has a filtering capacity of around 1,000 gallons.