Description:For occasions when you need temporary water filtration, the Crystal Quest Disposable Countertop Water Filter provides 6 stages of high quality filtering without the need to ever change a cartridge. Once the filter reaches its capacity, or begins to slow down below its usual rate of 0.5 gallon per minute, simply throw it out and get a new one.
This water filter has a filtering capacity of 10,000 gallons. It connects to the faucet via a diverter valve, so that you can choose whether or not to filter the water coming out of the tap by switching the valve to one or the other position. Since it uses a diverter valve, this disposable filter is not compatible with a pull-out faucet, which needs an under sink water filter instead.
Water filtered by this Crystal Quest device enters the filter at the bottom and is forced upwards through the six layers of media and pads, emerging fresh, clean, and taste and odor free from a curved tap near the filter's top. On its way through the six levels, the water is treated in the following ways:
- 1 micron filter pads are the first layer the water is passed through. These fine pores snag particles such as flecks of rust, bits of silt or sand, bacteria and other microorganisms, and any other suspended debris in the water stream.
- Eagle REDOX 6500 makes up the second layer in the filter. This copper-zinc media captures heavy metals, including lead, chromium, aluminum, nickel, copper, mercury, and others, as well as some of the chlorine in the water.
- Eagle REDOX 9500 is the third layer of filtration, acting in much the same way as the second layer to capture, oxidize, and reduce any metals that made it this far.
- Ion exchange resin is found in the fourth layer, softening hard water (that is, water with extraordinary amounts of dissolved minerals) and taking out any remaining metals.
- Coconut shell granulated carbon in the fifth layer absorbs and neutralizes volatile organic compounds like solvents, benzene, insecticides, pesticides, and herbicides, protecting you from ingesting these potentially carcinogenic contaminants.
- Another 1 micron filter pad rounds out the process in the sixth layer, sieving the waters for any remaining particulate matter.
This filter is a great way to get multiple stages of filtration without the hassle of cartridge changes. Installed in seconds, easy to use, and backed by 30 years of Crystal Quest design experience, a 30-day money-back guarantee, and a 1 year limited warranty, this disposable countertop water filter represents the best in cutting edge yet straightforward filter technology that can keep you and anyone else drinking the water in your home supplied with safe, delicious water.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does running warm or hot water through the system weaker or take away the value of the filter?
Yes! It will damage the filtration media. You should never run anything but cold water through a filter system
How long does this filter last?
It has a filtering capacity of up to 10,000 gallons