Rainshow’r CQ-1000 Shower Filters & Crystal Bath Ball
After a long, hard day, there’s nothing like getting into a tub of hot water or under a shower to help wash away the cares and stresses that may have accumulated. However, the strong smell of chlorine may make your bathing less enjoyable than you had anticipated. Actually, although drinking chlorinated water is unhealthy, bathing in it is actually worse. Chlorine reacts with organic matter, including your skin and hair, by morphing into chloroform (trihalomethanes) and haloacetic acid.
The Trouble with Chlorine Byproducts
Most people may think that the greatest danger from chlorine comes from drinking it in water, but off-gassing while taking a shower or bath is much worse. About 15 times more chlorine will be absorbed through the skin or the lungs while washing. The effects, of course, will be more pronounced in children.
- Trihalomethanes and haloacetic acid dry out the sky by removing too many of the natural oils. This is also what causes hair to become brittle and too dry.
- These vapors have been linked to an increased probability of developing cancers of the bladder and liver.
- The skyrocketing incidence of asthma in children could perhaps be linked to the chlorination of water.
- Pregnant women who shower or take a bath in chlorinated water increase their chances of miscarriage.
Municipal water supplies depend upon chlorine to sanitize water. Without the addition of chlorine at water treatment plants, populations would be subject to periodic outbreaks of waterborne diseases such as were common in earlier centuries. Chlorine is a necessary evil.
Practical and Easy Solutions to Chlorine
Fortunately, thanks to Rainshow’r bath and shower filters, it’s easy to enjoy a shower or soak without worry. Their specially developed filter media remove chlorine and its breakdown products before they can form dangerous vapors.
- For those who would like to enjoy a leisurely bath, the Rainshow’r Crystal Ball 3000 Bath Filter is the answer. A combination of quartz crystals and KDF 73 filtration media work in tandem to capture chlorine molecules and convert them into harmless chloride. The best way to use this bath ball is to let the water run through it while the bath is filling and then ‘swishing’ it around the water when the tub is filled.
- You will be able to take the full benefits of a long shower without worry when the Rainshow’r Shower Filter With Massage Head is installed. Hot, fresh water will work out all the kinks and knots a long day at work may have given you, but you won’t have to worry about the condition of your exterior or interior.
These Rainshow’r shower and bath chlorine filters are ideal for making bath time free from harmful vapors. You will be able to bathe the youngest child in confidence, and everyone in the family will be pleased at the improved appearance of their skin and hair.