Due to state regulations, we are currently not shipping this product to Iowa.
Small enough to be taken in carry-luggage, in a backpack or knapsack, or many other carrying cases, the Travel Berkey Water Filter Purifier with 2 Black Elements and Fluoride Option is a compact filter with all the power and filtration effectiveness of the Berkey line of filters, which can be used for emergencies, travel, or outdoor adventures such as camping or boating. The upper chamber nests within the lower, reducing the filter to a compact 12” with a 7.5” diameter (when assembled, it stands 18” high).
The unique gravity feed Berkey system works thus:
- The top chamber is filled with unfiltered water, which can be either treated water (from the tap) or untreated water (from streams, rivers, lakes, ponds, etc.).
- Gravity pulls the water down through the Black Berkey elements. These elements have a fine micro-porous structure which filters out physical particles. The water seeps through a tortuous course under normal flow rate, rather than being pressurized through the elements. This keeps it in contact with the filtration media for a long time, allowing thorough, full, effective absorption of harmful substances from the water.
- The Berkey element is self-sterilizing and can be washed to prolong its useful life.
- The water is collected in the lower chamber, from which you can remove it using a handy spigot. The lower chamber's storage capacity is 1.5 gallons; the filter cleans 2.5 gallons per hour.
- The filter has a 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee, plus a 6 month warranty from the manufacturer and a 2 year prorated warranty on the Black Berkey elements themselves.
Filtration provided by the Travel Berkey
The Travel Berkey, fashioned out of tough, durable, clean, attractive 304 stainless steel, filters out most of the dangerous elements that can be found in water. Optionally, you can also include 2 fluoride elements in the filtration array, for a small extra charge.
- Fluoride elements last for about 1,000 gallons, or about 307 refills of the upper chamber. Greatly reduces fluoride and cuts back sharply on arsenic oxide anions and arsenic cations also. The fluoride elements reduce filtration speed by 15% to 20%.
- Black Berkey elements reduce heavy metals by 95% (including cadmium, chromium, aluminum, copper, mercury, and lead), plus reduces the following below detectable levels: inorganic minerals; volatile organic compounds (VOCs) such as benzene, insecticides, herbicides, solvents, and many others; trihalomethanes; and radon 222.
- Viruses are reduced by 99.999%, bacteria and parasitic cysts by 99.9999%.
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.