Crystal Quest Triple 8 Stage under sink Fluoride Water Filter
Description:The Crystal Quest Triple 8 Stage Under Sink Fluoride Water Filter System is designed to provide intensive filtration without cluttering up your counter with water filters – and also works well with pull-out faucets that cannot accommodate the diverter valve of a standard countertop filter. This multistage system is designed to remove 90% of fluoride, letting you enjoy a cold glass of water without this toxic chemical in it, and filters out many other contaminants, too.
The Crystal Quest Triple Fluoride Filter Plus consists of three cylinders in a row, each with a filter cartridge in it. The water flowing to your sink passes through each in turn, thoroughly decontaminating it before it emerges to be used for cooking or drinking. The cylinders and their cartridges perform the following functions:
1. First Cylinder: This houses a coconut shell solid carbon cartridge, which absorbs all types of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), insecticides, pesticides, herbicides, and industrial solvents. The useful life of this cartridge is 12 to 18 months.
2. Second Cylinder: water flows through a FLUORIDE REMOVAL cartridge containing Fluoride Charcoal Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC), unless Aluminum Oxide is requested. This media is specifically designed to have a high affinity for Fluoride, Lead and Arsenic. It removes metals through a mixture of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media; therefore, the elimination is not reliant on ion exchange. It has uniform particle size, is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range. Capacity: 4500 ppm Fluoride (Avg. 1000 to 1500 Gallons).* As high as 11000 ppm F+ with effluent levels below 0.2 ppm from 10 ppm F+ feed.
3. Third Cylinder: The remaining six stages of filtration occur in this cylinder. These include two 1-micron filter pads at the start and end to take out particulate matter such as rust, sand, silt, and parasitic cysts of Giardia and cryptosporidium; Eagle REDOX 6500 and 9500 media to scrub heavy metals such as cadmium, aluminum, lead, mercury, copper, and nickel from the water, as well as chlorine; a layer of ion exchange resin to cut down on water hardness, plus remove more heavy metals; and another layer of granulated coconut shell carbon to cleanse any remaining VOCs. This cartridge handles 10,000 gallons before it needs replacement.
Installation and features of the Crystal Quest Triple 8-Stage Under Sink Fluoride Filter
This fluoride-busting filter is a good choice for anywhere that the local municipality adds fluoride to the water. It is generally best to call the local public health department to find out if this is the case before investing in a fluoride filter. Features of this filter include:
- Removes 95% to undetectable levels of fluoride. Also filters out many other contaminants, including VOCs, particulate contamination, and heavy metals.
- Produces safe, odor-free, good-tasting water.
- Works with all types of faucets, including pull-out faucets as it has its own dedicated faucet.
- Durable construction to last for years; 30 day money-back satisfaction guarantee, 1 year limited warranty from manufacturer.
- Easy to install, easy to use, and low maintenance; includes 3 replaceable filter cartridges.
- Important Installation and Ordering Note: the Crystal Quest Triple filter comes with a saddle valve by default, suitable for hard copper piping. If your under sink piping is flex tubing, note this in the “comments” section of the order page, and a T-valve will be sent instead.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.