Crystal Quest Double 7 Stage Ceramic Countertop Water Filter
Description:Sewage lines are notorious for cracking and leaking into drinking water supplies, especially in areas of the world where maintenance isn't a top priority, such as Venezuela, Myanmar, or Kazakhstan, but practically anywhere that a lot of people live packed together. Wherever the water is suspect and there is a possibility of bacterial contamination, the Crystal Quest Double 7 Stage Ceramic Countertop Water Filter is a lifesaver (sometimes, perhaps, literally).
This countertop water filter sits next to the sink and is connected via a flexible hose and a diverter valve. The valve is attached to the faucet where the aerator ordinarily goes, and gives the option to switch between filtered and unfiltered water in an instant, using a simple toggle. The filter isn't suitable for use with a pull-out faucet, which needs an undersink water filter.
The main features of this filter include:
- Cartridges last for 10,000 gallons, or 1-3 years; ceramic cartridge can be washed 30 times.
- Easy to install and use.
- Filter casing lasts much longer, cartridges are replaceable.
- Convenient adjustable spout.
- Limited 1 year warranty, 30 day money-back satisfaction guarantee.
Problems and the way the Crystal Quest Double solves them
There are many different contaminants which can become waterborne – some of them timeless and ancient, such as bacteria, and others an unfortunate byproduct of the excellent comforts and conveniences of modern life. Some of the major problems water can create and the way the Crystal Quest solves them include:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are chemicals used in manufacturing and agriculture. These compounds include solvents and thinners, insecticides and herbicides, fertilizers, plastics such as styrene, benzene, and many other chemicals. These compounds can damage the internal organs or, eventually, cause cancer. These are removed by the coconut shell granulated carbon in Stage 5 via absorption.
- Heavy metals can also be carcinogenic, and, in high enough concentrations, can cause outright toxicity or poisoning. Some examples include aluminum, chromium, iron, mercury, copper, nickel, and lead. The Crystal Quest Double filters these out using Eagle REDOX 6500 and 9500 media (Stages 2 and 3) and ion exchange resin (Stage 4).
- Particles tend to be less dangerous, but they make water murky, and give it bad tastes or smells. Most particles are sand, sediment, mud, rust, and other debris. Stages 1 and 6 are pads with 1 micron pores that scoop these contaminants out of the water stream and leave you with fresh, sweet, tasty, sparkling-clean water.
- Bacteria and parasites are an even more immediate threat to your health and safety than are VOCs or heavy metals, since they can make you seriously ill right away. Most enter the water from other people (that is, through their sewage), but can also be introduced by animals or simply after growing in riverbank mud. The seventh stage – the entire second cartridge – deals with these threats vigorously, filtering out Salmonella, Streptococcus, E. coli fecal form, and Giardia and Cryptosporidium cysts, and leaving you safe and sound, able to drink your pure, fresh water with confidence!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.