Crystal Quest SS Triple 8 Stage Countertop Arsenic Water Filter
Description:Arsenic is not a problem in all areas, but in those places where it is present in the water supply – either due to natural deposits of the mineral or because of industrial activity – a good arsenic-removing water filter, such as the Crystal Quest Triple 8 Stage Stainless Steel Countertop Arsenic Water Filter, is essential for assuring the health and safety of you, your family, your pets, and your guests. Arsenic has many dangerous long-term effects, and should be filtered scrupulously.
This Crystal Quest filter includes three different filter housings, each with a cartridge dedicated to a specific purpose. As a countertop water filter, it sits next to your sink, connecting to the faucet via a diverter valve that attaches in place of the aerator. The general characteristics of this filter include:
- Quick and easy to install (though it cannot be used with pull-out faucets, which require an undersink filter instead).
- Diverter valve switches instantly from filtered to unfiltered water by throwing a simple mechanical switch on the valve connector.
- Convenient adjustable spout, works with all standard U.S. kitchen faucets.
- Built to last for years, 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee.
Filtration characteristics of the Crystal Quest Triple Stailness Steel 8 Stage filter
The Crystal Quest Triple filter is made to clean many different contaminants from the water supply. Though it is first and foremost an arsenic filter, the other filtration needs of the typical user are fully addressed as well, with the following traits and features:
- First filter cartridge: this cartridge houses a solid coconut shell carbon block which removes volatile organic compounds, such as insecticides, pesticides, and industrial solvents. This cartridge needs to be changed once every 12 to 18 months.
- Second filter cartridge: this cartridge is full of arsenic selective resin media. The meat of the arsenic-removing nature of the filter, this media reduces arsenic below the EPA approved safety threshold. Each filter element cleans 1,000 to 1,500 gallons of water.
- Third filter cartridge: this six-stage filter, which lasts for a full 10,000 gallons, includes 1 micron filter pads to remove sand, silt, rust, and Giardia or cryptosporidium cysts; Eagle REDOX 6500 and 9500 ERA (KDF) media to take out not only chlorine, but such heavy metals as lead, copper, chromium, nickel, cadmium, aluminum, etc.; ion exchange resin that reduces water hardness and provides further protection against heavy metals; and more granulated coconut shell carbon to remove any remaining VOCs.
- Provides a flow rate of .5 gallon per minute.
Please Note: Countertop units will not connect to pull out faucets. If your main faucet is a pull out faucet you will need an under sink water filter
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.