Fluoride filtering is combined with the standard array of contaminant filtration in the Crystal Quest Stainless Steel Single 7 Stage Fluoride Countertop Water Filter, which is a compact but effective upright model that sits on your counter next to the sink. You choose whether or not to filter water emerging from the faucet by moving the switch on the diverter valve connecting the filter to the tap to the filtered or unfiltered position.
Please note if you have a new style pull-out faucet with a sprayer a countertop filter will not work. You will need an under sink system
Replacing the filter cartridge is quick and easy, too. An included wrench is used to unscrew the end of the filter casing, the old cartridge is removed and disposed of, and the new one is inserted. The canister is then screwed shut using the same wrench.
Other basic features of this water filter include:
- Durable design that ensures the casing will last for years under normal use.
- 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee and 1 year limited warranty.
- Convenient adjustable spout made out of metal.
- Capacity 4500 ppm Fluoride (Avg. 1000 to 1500 Gallons).* As high as 11000 ppm F+ with effluent levels below 0.2 ppm from 10 ppm F+ feed.
Lead and arsenic are also mostly removed from the water by the same process that cleanses it of fluoride. The seven stages of filtration in the Crystal Quest Single fluoride filter, and the types of contaminants they remove, include:
- A 1 micron filter pad sieves out particulate contaminants, both organic and inorganic. This stage removes most dirt, silt, sand, rust, Giardia cysts, cryptosporidium, and other particles.
- Bone Char carbon media is next, absorbing 90% of fluoride as well as most lead and arsenic.
- Eagle REDOX 6500 and 9500 copper-zinc alloy media generate an electrical field with their chemical interaction. This oxidizes chlorine into harmless chloride, and collects heavy metals, including cadmium, aluminum, chromium, nickel, copper, mercury, and lead.
- Ion exchange resins lower water hardness and further reduce heavy metals.
- Eagle REDOX 6500 and 9500 cleanses any remaining heavy metals.
- Granulated coconut shell carbon media absorbs various organics and chemicals, including but not limited to benzene, chlorine, THMs, solvents, insecticides, herbicides, fertilizers, PCBs, MTBEs, VOCs, and hundreds of other chemicals.
- Another 1 micron filter pad gives the water a final polish so that it emerges from the spigot clean, tasty, and sparkling.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.