Description:For a “souped up” version of the ordinary Seychelle water filter bottle, the Seychelle advanced water filter bottle is a useful portable water source that can handle even highly turbid, stagnant waters or those intensely contaminated with harmful organisms. This filter is just as lightweight, and can be carried practically anywhere, but offers higher performance in exchange for a higher price.
Carried in a belt or backpack-ready insulator sleeve, this water bottle features a replaceable cartridge than can handle up to 100 gallons of water before it needs to be changed. Just as with other water filter bottles, it is well suited to campers, hikers, joggers or walkers, travelers, fishermen, boaters, and other outdoors enthusiasts.
However, it is especially good for an emergency backup filter, too, because it can handle so many water qualities, rather than needing essentially clean water like other bottle filters:
- The Seychelle Advanced Water Filter Bottle includes EPA-approved iodinated resin (EPA Reg #: 35917-2).
- Turbid, stagnant, and highly contaminated water can all be successfully cleaned by this bottle.
- Possible uses include getting clean drinking or cooking water following a hurricane or an earthquake, when water is frequently contaminated with sewage and industrial chemicals thanks to damage and massive leaks in storage facilities.
- Removes bacteria and viruses up to 6 logs (99.9999%).
Other features of the Seychelle Advanced Water Filter Bottle
- Cap screws on and off for easy filling and closure.
- Independent laboratory test reveal this filter to be in compliance with EPA/ANSI protocols and NSF Standards 42 and 53.
- Environmentally safe and reusable (cartridges are replaceable every 100 gallons).
- Sturdily made, compact, and convenient to carry anywhere.
- Made of EPA approved low-density #4 plastic, does not leach BPA into the water.
- Also reduces fluoride in filtered water by 90%.
- The most laboratory and field tested filter of its kind. Also tested in 16 foreign countries.
Micro Bottle Test Results
Seychelle Advanced Filter
The Advanced filter is made of the same media as the Standard filter with the addition of EPA approved iodinated resin (EPA Reg #: 35917-2), which has been proven effective in the removal of bacteria and virus to six logs (99.9999%). It can be used in extreme conditions; turbid and stagnant water; and is ideal for emergencies such as hurricanes, cyclones, etc. such as events that occurred in the US with Katrina, the hurricane in Haiti, and the recent nuclear explosion in Fukushima, Japan.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
So can I use this to drink water out of the maineste river with out putting any tablets in
Yes you can, I use it all the time when kayaking the Manistee river.
How do we know when we reach the 100 gallons limit and when to change the filter?
When the water starts tasting bad, or it gets hard to get water through the filter is an indication that it is time to replace the filter.
I bought a dozen bottles in 2009. What are the shelf life on the filters?
The Seychelle filters don't have a shelf life, just keep them in a dry, dark place.
is this stainless steel
No, they are made of EPA approved low-density #4 plastic, does not leach BPA into the water.
Does it remove chlorine
Yes they do remove chlorine.
May I call in with my credit card number?
Yes we accept orders by phone
I bought your water pump before 2010 and the water from the filter tasted like iodine and I couldn’t drink it. So I have been unwilling to purchase another filter that uses an iodine filter
Normally you do not taste it or the taste goes away after a few uses. But yes the advanced and the extreme filters have an iodine resin in them. If you do not want that you would have to purchase the standard filter, as it does not have it in it and it still filters bacteria just not viruses.
How many gallons of water can you put through this filter before you need to change it or replace it
They have a filtering capacity of 100 gallons.
I take this bottle on trips to foreign countries where the water may not be safe for drinking....this filtered water bottle is on nvaluable.
i got this for my fathers bday, as he had been wanting one for a while. he loves this water bottle because its easy to use and clean, and it does exactly as stated. and the replacement filters are not too expensive either. its much better for him than using brita filters which dirty quickly and are more expensive to replace.