Crystal Quest Countertop Fluoride Filter 8 Stages of Filtration
Description:Municipalities around the globe still dump health-degraded, tooth-destroying fluoride into their water systems, but you can take matters into your own hands with the Crystal Quest Countertop 8-Stage Fluoride Filter. This filter offers 90% reduction of fluoride, and also filters out many other contaminants. It isn't purely a fluoride filter – it is also a standard, high quality modern water filter.
The Crystal Quest 8-Stage Fluoride filter is designed to be easy to set up, use, and maintain:
- Easy setup; unscrew the aerator from your faucet, screw on the diverter valve.
- An under sink water filter is needed instead if you have a pull-out faucet.
- The diverter valve allows you to choose between filtered and unfiltered water by moving a simple switch.
- Special wrench included to open and close the casing when cartridge changing becomes necessary. O rings should be inspected at this time, and lubricated with cooking oil.
- New filters should be flushed for ten to fifteen minutes to clean and activate the cartridge.
- Includes three different cartridges which nest one above another; a fluoride cartridge, a carbon block cartridge, and a 6-stage cartridge.
What the Crystal Quest fluoride filter offers
The Crystal Quest fluoride filter reduces a wide range of contaminants, including (1) cutting fluoride by 95% or more; (2) heavy metals such as lead, aluminum, mercury, chromium, and mercury; (3) chemicals like chlorine, VOCs, PCBs, and solvents; (4) herbicides, insecticides, pesticides, and fertilizers; and (5) sand, silt, sediment, rust, and other particles.
water flows through a FLUORIDE REMOVAL cartridge containing Fluoride Charcoal Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC), unless Aluminum Oxide is requested. This media is specifically designed to have a high affinity for Fluoride, Lead and Arsenic. It removes metals through a mixture of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media; therefore, the elimination is not reliant on ion exchange. It has uniform particle size, is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range. Capacity: 4500 ppm Fluoride (Avg. 1000 to 1500 Gallons).* As high as 11000 ppm F+ with effluent levels below 0.2 ppm from 10 ppm F+ feed.
The filtration stages used include the following:
- A coconut shell solid carbon cartridge that takes out VOCs, solvents, insecticides, pesticides, and the like. The coconut carbon produces clean-tasting water, too.
- A 1 micron filter pad to capture particles, including silt, bacteria, and the parasitic cysts of Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- Eagle Redox 6500 media, made of copper-zinc media, filter out heavy metals and chlorine.
- Eagle Redox 9500 media clean even more heavy metals out of the water.
- Ion exchange resins draw more heavy metals from the water in the next stage.
- Granulated coconut shell activated carbon makes up the 7th stage, taking out chlorine, insecticides, pesticides, herbicides, solvents, and many other chemicals.
- The eighth and last stage is another particle-removing 1 micron filter pad.
Longevity and warranty
The Crystal Quest Countertop Fluoride filter has the following longevity and warranty:
• The fluoride filter cartridge must be replaced every 1,000 to 1,500 gallons.
• The carbon block filter must be replaced every 12 to 18 months.
• The 6-stage filter must be replaced every 10,000 gallons.
• This filter has a 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee and a 1 year limited warranty.
Please Note: Countertop units will not connect to pull out faucets. If your main faucet is a pull out faucet you will need an under sink water filter
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.