Crystal Quest Double 7 Stage Countertop Water Filter
A countertop water filter is the most convenient way to get clean, drinkable water in many living situations. Installing a permanent water filter may not be possible in temporary housing like a dorm room or apartment, while even in a long-term residence, a countertop filter is far cheaper and simpler than calling in a plumber.
The Crystal Quest Double 7 Stage Countertop Water Filter is attached to a standard faucet with a diverter valve. This allows you to bypass the filter for water that does not need to be fully filtered (hand-washing water, for example), but easily redirect water through the filter to its own side-mounted spigot simply by moving a switch on the diverter valve.
Filtering water at a rate of 0.5 gallons per minute, the Crystal Quest filter has a filtering capacity of 10,000 gallons. Due to the construction of pull-out faucets, they cannot accept diverter valves, so if you have a pull-out faucet, you will need an undersink filter instead.
This Crystal Quest filter puts water through seven different phases of filtration, thoroughly cleansing it of bacteria and parasites, sand and silt, heavy metals, and volatile organic compounds. The water that comes out the spigot is clean, fresh tasting, and far safer than straight tap water. The stages of filtration that occur include:
- 1st Stage: a solid carbon block filters out most solvents and volatile organic compounds, or VOCs, such as insecticides, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.
- 2nd Stage: the water passes through a 1 micron filter pad to remove sand, sediment, grit, and all other kinds of particles, including bacteria and Giardia cysts.
- 3rd & 4th Stage: a copper-zinc blend is used to reduce and oxidize chlorine and suspended metals. Chlorine is catalyzed into chloride, while metals are either oxidized to a harmless state, adhere to the Eagle Redox zinc-copper media, or both. Aluminum, lead, mercury, chromium, and nickel are among the metals removed at this stage.
- 5th Stage: ion exchange resin removes water hardness and remaining heavy metals.
- 6th Stage: granulated coconut shell carbon eliminates any carcinogenic VOCs still left in the water, by absorbing them into its granules.
- 7th Stage: a final 1 micron filter pad sweeps up any remaining particulate matter.
Backed by a 1 year limited warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee, Crystal Quest's 30 years of engineering experience shows in this filter – easy to install and use, highly effective at removing the vast majority of water contaminants, and offering 10,000 gallon capacity.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does this filter remove fluoride? Or could you direct me to a similar system that does? Thank you.
No, this one does not filter fluoride. Here is a link to the Fluoride Filters