Description:Made from high grade polished stainless steel, the Aquacera Pioneer SS-4 Gravity Water Filter (Filters Fluoride) is a portable, robust model, which is easy to keep hygienically clean. The Pioneer SS4 is very popular with aid organizations and private customers alike.
Will accommodate up to 4 AquaCera® filter candles depending on the amount of water needed (more candles = more water) Uses gravity to filter water through filters No power required
The SS is designed for applications where there is no reliable pressurized mains water supply. The SS uses gravity to filter the water in the upper chamber through the Aquacera 7" CeraMetix (Cerasyl Premium) filter candles into the lower chamber where the filtered water is collected. Manufactured from high grade polished stainless steel which offers a durabe, lightweight and portable means of filtering drinkng water anywhere in the world.
- For use on municipal or natural water sources
- Ideal for camping, emergency relief, everyday use
- Saves money over expensive bottled water
- Total capacity 4.5 US Gallons (2.5 upper & 2 lower chamber)
- The holes which are not in use are filled with removable rubber plugs (provided) for versatility
- NSF approved to standard 42
- Comes with stainless steel spigot
- Pathogenic bacteria (cholera, typhoid, salmonella, E coli, etc.)
- Giardia, Cryptosporidium, and other parasites
- All types of particle contamination down to 0.5 Micron
- Portable, lightweight, durable and high capacity filter
- Easy to use, simple to maintain. Filters can be cleaned up to 100 times
- Pour untreated water in the top and get clean, filtered water from the tap No.
The holes which are not in use are filled with removable rubber plugs (provided) for versatility For ease of transport, the upper chamber nests inside the lower chamber to save space The total capacity of the SS is 4.5 US Gallons (2.5 upper and 2 lower)
CeraMetix Candles Specs
CeraMetix® GF filter elements utilize our class leading ceramic micro porous outer shell combined with our AquaMetix® granular core technology.
AquaMetix® is made from the highest quality NSF component certified (ANSI 61) coconut shell based activated carbon and other superior adsorbent materials including B2 (ANSI 61).
The ceramic shell and our AquaMetix® granular combines mechanical filtration and physical adsorption processes to reduce a wide variety of drinking water contaminants of both aesthetic and health concerned.
The pore structure of the ceramic enables sufficient contact time for AquaMetix® to be ideally suited to improving taste and odor as well as reducing chlorine, chloramine, volatile organic compounds, MTBE, lead, mercury, asbestos, arsenic and fluoride. The cleanable ceramic shell is designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria and cysts. The CeraMetix® elements have been tested in accordance with NSF protocols for cyst, turbidity, particulates, lead, chloramines and chlorine reduction.
- Pathogenic bacteria—>99.9999% (ALcontrol Laboratories) Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- Cysts—100% (ALcontrol Laboratories) Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia
- Sediment—100% absolute to 0.5 micron (IBR Laboratories)
- Fluoride— >85%
- VOC—Volatile Organic Compounds—>98%
- Metals—Aluminum, Iron, Mercury, Nickel & Zinc—>98%
- Pharmaceutical Compounds—Acetaminophen, Progesterone,
- Ibuprofen, Naproxen Sodium—>95%
CeraMetix Test Results
The CeraMetix GF filter is manufactured to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, cysts, organic chemicals and improve taste and odor. The ceramic is silver impregnated to prevent bacteria growth and is self-sterilizing. The ceramic shell is manufactured to balance flow rate and consistent pore size in order to provide maximum filtration efficiency.
The center of the filter contains our AquaMetix granular media to reduce organic chemicals, fluoride, VOC’s, heavy metals and improve the color, taste, and odor of drinking water. This filter element is designed for gravity filter use and other low pressure applications. These filters are designed for use in AquaCera® Gravity Filter Systems, they will also fit other makes of gravity systems.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Do the filters remove minerals such as magnesium and calcium?
No they do not filter the good minerals like calcium and magnesium.
Can you use this filter with well water that has a water softener
Yes you can.
Do the filters that come with it remove fluoride or do I need separate filters additional
The CeraMetix filters that come with it reduces fluoride. You do not need any additional filters.
Do u sell the pioneer water filters in the Austin, TX area? If so , where. Thanks
Sorry no, they are sold online only.
How many filters come with system for the $179 price?
It comes with 2 CeraMetix filters for $179.00 You can choose 4 CeraMetix filters in the drop down menu next to number of filters if you want more filter. Cost with the 4 CeraMetix filters then would be $239.00
Every time I clean the candle filter, it takes forever for the water to drip into the lower chamber. The last time, I allowed the candle to dry completely and this improved the flow rate. However, I can't be doing this every time, as it takes many days for the candle filter to dry completely. Any suggestions?
My suggestion would be to not clean the filter so often. The filter only needs cleaned when the water flow slows way down. Filters also need to be changed when they are due to be changed as well.